GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- The Journal Topics
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Just Keep Going: Writing Strategies for Elaboration
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Review: MARK TWAIN: WORDS & MUSIC
- Today’s PLC Meeting: What Have We Learned?
- Review: SEE YOU AT HARRY'S by Jo Knowles
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- @AndersonGL Hilarious. I was looking at a very different book and must have fumble-fingered that one. Now trying to figure out deleting it. 5 hours ago
- RT @ncte_cel: RT @booksley: The work of leaders is quiet work - Jim Burke #cel14 13 hours ago
- Too many students and parents are led to believe that earning at least a 3 on an AP test results in college credit. That's not truthful. 16 hours ago
- I wish schools were required to report how many AP students end up with usable college credit instead of how many "pass" with at least a 3. 16 hours ago
- @PaulWHankins @JenAnsbach Is Small Business Saturday a nation-wide thing? Some indie bookstores in our area are doing special events. 18 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Thomas Jefferson by Jon Meacham goodreads.com/review/show/11… 1 day ago
- We need as many eyes as possible here: "@nerdybookclub: @nerdybookclub Raising Sharp Readers by Colby & Alaina Sharp ow.ly/2Rh4vE” 1 day ago
- RT @ncte_cel: MT @KtBkr4: Think about the difference between Difficulty vs Complexity when talking about rigor @DFISHERSDSU #cel14 2 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Batfishing in the Rainforest by Randy Wayne White goodreads.com/review/show/11… 3 days ago
- @shfarnsworth Is @flipgrid on the right track, or are you looking for something purely audio? 3 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle poetry professional development readicide reading reading ladders respect retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: 2011
1. Blogging is the perfect vehicle for leading students to write for an audience that goes far beyond their classroom. 2. A good strategy to help young writers close the gap between what it says on the page and what … Continue reading
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 17,000 times in 2011. If it were a … Continue reading
I keep track of the books I read in a Book Notes organizer that I bought from Quality Paperback Book Club back in 1987. I write down the title, author, and date I finish each book. This year was a … Continue reading
A new lesson worked beautifully today. Don’t you love when that happens? Our American Studies class is beginning to focus on American immigration. We will consider the great wave of immigrants at the turn of the 20th Century as well … Continue reading