GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers!
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Let's Have Some Fun
- Review: SEE YOU AT HARRY'S by Jo Knowles
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Our Creative Writing Class
- 3 of 5 stars to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to ... by Charles Osgood goodreads.com/review/show/11… 12 hours ago
- Some school ratings change after CPS quietly changes some test growth scores bit.ly/1x0KYgC 16 hours ago
- @alybee930 "The very best day of my life, I threw up four times and had a fever of 103 degrees." -- @JoKnowles See You at Harry's 1 day ago
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers! wp.me/p1jDNg-zU 1 day ago
- “@palatinelibrary Day 18/ #bestof2014 : The Strange Library / Haruki Murakami. Instagram.com/p/wwxld9ykvQ/ http://t.co/ZbiDfBWu3L” <-- Loved this 2 days ago
- RT @EMCPublishing: What's the best book you've read recently? We need something good to read over the holidays #edchat #tlchat http://t.co/… 2 days ago
- @EMCPublishing Try Ordinary Grace by Wm K Krueger. Happy Holidays. 2 days ago
- RT @kellner_steven: Yes! QT "@budtheteacher: Anytime you focus on "what device" before "what's the task," you're doing it wrong. #EWedchat… 2 days ago
- RT @AdamBieda: could school be the government's way of distracting angsty teenagers from realizing the world's problems 4 days ago
- RT @steveshann: Just finished work on my website: steveshann.com Details of my new book there. Please retweet. #story #storytelling… 4 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: 2011
1. Blogging is the perfect vehicle for leading students to write for an audience that goes far beyond their classroom. 2. A good strategy to help young writers close the gap between what it says on the page and what … Continue reading
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2011 annual report for this blog. Here’s an excerpt: The concert hall at the Sydney Opera House holds 2,700 people. This blog was viewed about 17,000 times in 2011. If it were a … Continue reading
I keep track of the books I read in a Book Notes organizer that I bought from Quality Paperback Book Club back in 1987. I write down the title, author, and date I finish each book. This year was a … Continue reading
A new lesson worked beautifully today. Don’t you love when that happens? Our American Studies class is beginning to focus on American immigration. We will consider the great wave of immigrants at the turn of the 20th Century as well … Continue reading