GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- 5 Good Ideas for High Schools to Adapt from Elementary Schools
- Top Ten Picture Books for My (High School) Class and #pb10for10
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Mark Twain Is Right, Again!
- One Day of Books Around the Room
- Today's class journal topic: Tell about your music. #E405 #E307 1 day ago
- Thanks to @KristyLVance for ending our dept meeting today with great THRIVE advice from @meenoorami for finding mentors. 1 day ago
- RT @meenoorami: Join @teacherman82 @LesleyMosher on Mon March 17 at 7 PM ET for Ways to invite poetry in our classroom. Pls. RT. #nwp 1 day ago
- RT @DanCamCom: A quick look at @neuquavalley #nvww, including a short interview with @dscampana. bit.ly/1i6nGMB #wwxx 1 day ago
- RT @BrainofLaura: THRIVE is when "teaching" is not "something you do" but "something you love"; can't do that from sitting in chair/behind … 1 day ago
- RT @skmcdermott: RT @pennykittle @azajacks Write. Fifteen minutes a day, Don Murray told me. You have a story to tell. Write your life. An… 1 day ago
- "First book." I like that. RT @pennykittle: @meenoorami You have inspired us all by writing your first book. Thank you. #engchat 1 day ago
- Does this make sense? I get energy from smiling and saying hi to students in the hall who I don't know. #engchat 1 day ago
- RT @teachkate: @meenoorami @pennykittle I try and Stop, Drop and find the Beauty right around me. #engchat 1 day ago
- Can I just say, #engchat is always a great energizer. 1 day ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jim burke john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle poetry professional development readicide reading reading ladders respect retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: america
Bob Dylan in America is historian Sean Wilentz’s study of how various currents and touchstones of American culture directly and indirectly affected the music of Bob Dylan. Not at all a biography, Wilentz’s book examines critical points in Dylan’s career … Continue reading
Review: PENCILS DOWN: RETHINKING HIGH-STAKES TESTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Edited by Wayne Au and Melissa Bowman Tempel
The American education public school system is currently down the rabbit-hole when it comes to testing. What if all the money currently being diverted to corporate testing companies and corporate assessment gurus was instead being spent on providing materials that … Continue reading
Feel Bad Education by Alfie Kohn My rating: 4 of 5 stars Alfie Kohn has made sense to me for more than a decade, ever since a colleague recommended Kohn’s book Punished by Rewards and enthusiastically implemented a no-grade policy … Continue reading