GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers!
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Let's Have Some Fun
- Mark Twain Is Right, Again!
- Review: SEE YOU AT HARRY'S by Jo Knowles
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- 3 of 5 stars to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to ... by Charles Osgood goodreads.com/review/show/11… 4 hours ago
- Some school ratings change after CPS quietly changes some test growth scores bit.ly/1x0KYgC 8 hours ago
- @alybee930 "The very best day of my life, I threw up four times and had a fever of 103 degrees." -- @JoKnowles See You at Harry's 23 hours ago
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers! wp.me/p1jDNg-zU 1 day ago
- “@palatinelibrary Day 18/ #bestof2014 : The Strange Library / Haruki Murakami. Instagram.com/p/wwxld9ykvQ/ http://t.co/ZbiDfBWu3L” <-- Loved this 1 day ago
- RT @EMCPublishing: What's the best book you've read recently? We need something good to read over the holidays #edchat #tlchat http://t.co/… 2 days ago
- @EMCPublishing Try Ordinary Grace by Wm K Krueger. Happy Holidays. 2 days ago
- RT @kellner_steven: Yes! QT "@budtheteacher: Anytime you focus on "what device" before "what's the task," you're doing it wrong. #EWedchat… 2 days ago
- RT @AdamBieda: could school be the government's way of distracting angsty teenagers from realizing the world's problems 3 days ago
- RT @steveshann: Just finished work on my website: steveshann.com Details of my new book there. Please retweet. #story #storytelling… 3 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: beatles
Here are some of my recent book reviews. All of these originally appeared in other places, in some cases in slightly different form. I hope at least one of the books in this post appeals to you! Jerry Lee Lewis: … Continue reading
When I was a kid in Iowa, holidays meant going to the grandparents, and the Fourth of July was no exception. My dad’s family gathered at my grandparents’ farm where everybody brought a pot luck contribution to the dinner. Grandma … Continue reading
Arne Bellstorf’s graphic “novel” Baby’s in Black is the true story of Astrid who becomes involved with Stuart, a guy who plays in a band. He likes the band scene but really wants to be a painter. Astrid becomes friends … Continue reading
Alison Behnke’s Death of a Dreamer: The Assassination of John Lennon presents the circumstances surrounding Mark David Chapman’s 1980 murder of John Lennon in a format that is both appealing and appropriate for middle and high school readers. The first … Continue reading