GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- Hey, Kids! Your Twitter Is Showing!
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- Our Book Graffiti Wall
- Review: TWERP by Mark Goldblatt
- But What If We Try?
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Zapping Apathy with College Application Essays
- RT @MeenooRami: Have you seen the Daily Poem #engchat project? - Share and Contribute. ow.ly/Aufjk Pls. RT. 4 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Veeck--As In Wreck by Bill Veeck goodreads.com/review/show/10… 4 hours ago
- RT @khurckes: If you want to tweet with your class, here is a letter to explain the process to parents. docs.google.com/a/dg58.org/doc… #dg58learns 10 hours ago
- Friendly reminder --> Hey, Kids! Your Twitter Is Showing! wp.me/p1jDNg-up 12 hours ago
- RT @morejvan: Seniors 1st-day hook: It's the home stretch. Beyond Beowulf, what do you NEED? Great talk about real world concerns. WE got t… 21 hours ago
- @CBethM @yaloveblog @_briank_ @MeenooRami Principal told me those who present at a conference get less out of it than other attendees. #nope 1 day ago
- @yaloveblog @_briank_ @CBethM @MeenooRami My principal denied all funding and required me to take personal leave last year to attend NCTE. 1 day ago
- @_briank_ @CBethM @MeenooRami @yaloveblog Alas, no. NCTE does not provide a discount for presenters, although that would be awesome. 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to I, Me, Mine by George Harrison goodreads.com/review/show/10… 1 day ago
- @teacherman82 Missing DMs could be a bug, or they could be accidental spam that is reported and deleted. 2 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle poetry professional development readicide reading reading ladders respect retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: english
To All New English Department Chairs, First of all, thank you for taking on such an important, demanding job. You will make decisions that impact the literacy of every student in your school. You are the buffer between the teachers … Continue reading
In my last semester of college, back in 1980, I requested a student-teaching assignment several hours away from campus, nearer my home in central Iowa. I was directed to Madrid High School in Madrid (pronounced MAD-rid), Iowa. I was designated … Continue reading
My first year of teaching was twenty-nine years ago, so when one of our newly hired colleagues emailed last spring requesting advice and ideas for starting the school year, I appreciated the opportunity to provide her with a few thoughts … Continue reading