GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- 5 Good Ideas for High Schools to Adapt from Elementary Schools
- Top Ten Picture Books for My (High School) Class and #pb10for10
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Mark Twain Is Right, Again!
- One Day of Books Around the Room
- Today's class journal topic: Tell about your music. #E405 #E307 1 day ago
- Thanks to @KristyLVance for ending our dept meeting today with great THRIVE advice from @meenoorami for finding mentors. 1 day ago
- RT @meenoorami: Join @teacherman82 @LesleyMosher on Mon March 17 at 7 PM ET for Ways to invite poetry in our classroom. Pls. RT. #nwp 1 day ago
- RT @DanCamCom: A quick look at @neuquavalley #nvww, including a short interview with @dscampana. bit.ly/1i6nGMB #wwxx 1 day ago
- RT @BrainofLaura: THRIVE is when "teaching" is not "something you do" but "something you love"; can't do that from sitting in chair/behind … 1 day ago
- RT @skmcdermott: RT @pennykittle @azajacks Write. Fifteen minutes a day, Don Murray told me. You have a story to tell. Write your life. An… 1 day ago
- "First book." I like that. RT @pennykittle: @meenoorami You have inspired us all by writing your first book. Thank you. #engchat 1 day ago
- Does this make sense? I get energy from smiling and saying hi to students in the hall who I don't know. #engchat 1 day ago
- RT @teachkate: @meenoorami @pennykittle I try and Stop, Drop and find the Beauty right around me. #engchat 1 day ago
- Can I just say, #engchat is always a great energizer. 1 day ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jim burke john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle poetry professional development readicide reading reading ladders respect retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: friends
This week our fifth-grade daughter Grace was assigned to write and illustrate her own version of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech. I thought Grace’s writing and illustration were beautiful, so I’m grateful that she allowed me to … Continue reading
One of the best things about elementary school for me was the chance to order Scholastic books. I was always allowed to order a couple of titles each time that little flyer was sent home. My parents said, “We’ll support … Continue reading
Wintertown by Stephen Emond take place over a winter break as high school seniors and childhood friends Evan and Lucy try to become reacquainted. Lucy moved away when her parents divorced, and comes back to visit her father once a … Continue reading