GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers!
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- Review: SHAKESPEARE'S JULIUS CAESAR: THE MANGA EDITION by Adam Sexton and Hyeondo Park
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- What's Not Wrong? April 3 Edition
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- An Absence Finished: Claudia Emerson’s LATE WIFE: POEMS
- Rest in peace, Joe Cocker. Nobody else quite like him. 7 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer goodreads.com/review/show/11… 1 day ago
- Our local Barnes & Noble store currently has a lot of signed books, including from this crime writer. Care to guess? http://t.co/QQlB7Is8xP 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to ... by Charles Osgood goodreads.com/review/show/11… 2 days ago
- Some school ratings change after CPS quietly changes some test growth scores bit.ly/1x0KYgC 2 days ago
- @alybee930 "The very best day of my life, I threw up four times and had a fever of 103 degrees." -- @JoKnowles See You at Harry's 3 days ago
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers! wp.me/p1jDNg-zU 3 days ago
- “@palatinelibrary Day 18/ #bestof2014 : The Strange Library / Haruki Murakami. Instagram.com/p/wwxld9ykvQ/ http://t.co/ZbiDfBWu3L” <-- Loved this 4 days ago
- RT @EMCPublishing: What's the best book you've read recently? We need something good to read over the holidays #edchat #tlchat http://t.co/… 4 days ago
- @EMCPublishing Try Ordinary Grace by Wm K Krueger. Happy Holidays. 4 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: friends
This week our fifth-grade daughter Grace was assigned to write and illustrate her own version of Martin Luther King’s “I Have a Dream” speech. I thought Grace’s writing and illustration were beautiful, so I’m grateful that she allowed me to … Continue reading
One of the best things about elementary school for me was the chance to order Scholastic books. I was always allowed to order a couple of titles each time that little flyer was sent home. My parents said, “We’ll support … Continue reading
Wintertown by Stephen Emond take place over a winter break as high school seniors and childhood friends Evan and Lucy try to become reacquainted. Lucy moved away when her parents divorced, and comes back to visit her father once a … Continue reading