GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers!
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- What's Not Wrong? April 3 Edition
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- Review: SHAKESPEARE'S JULIUS CAESAR: THE MANGA EDITION by Adam Sexton and Hyeondo Park
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- (Re)Inventing the Future at #NCTE13
- Rest in peace, Joe Cocker. Nobody else quite like him. 8 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to The Interestings by Meg Wolitzer goodreads.com/review/show/11… 1 day ago
- Our local Barnes & Noble store currently has a lot of signed books, including from this crime writer. Care to guess? http://t.co/QQlB7Is8xP 1 day ago
- 3 of 5 stars to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to ... by Charles Osgood goodreads.com/review/show/11… 2 days ago
- Some school ratings change after CPS quietly changes some test growth scores bit.ly/1x0KYgC 2 days ago
- @alybee930 "The very best day of my life, I threw up four times and had a fever of 103 degrees." -- @JoKnowles See You at Harry's 3 days ago
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers! wp.me/p1jDNg-zU 3 days ago
- “@palatinelibrary Day 18/ #bestof2014 : The Strange Library / Haruki Murakami. Instagram.com/p/wwxld9ykvQ/ http://t.co/ZbiDfBWu3L” <-- Loved this 4 days ago
- RT @EMCPublishing: What's the best book you've read recently? We need something good to read over the holidays #edchat #tlchat http://t.co/… 4 days ago
- @EMCPublishing Try Ordinary Grace by Wm K Krueger. Happy Holidays. 4 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: institute
We just received our agenda for Monday’s all-district institute day. The main focus of the day is creating a series of district-wide, course-specific benchmark summative assessments. I popped the agenda into Wordle just to see how it looks. Pretty interesting. … Continue reading
Today’s all-district English institute began with this: “Everyone is under pressure for data.” Although I haven’t really sensed that pressure myself, I understand that some folks might feel it. Then we moved to “How do we get the kids to … Continue reading
I’ve frequently said that my on-site professional development experiences are … not too productive … which is why my online professional development experiences are critical to my continued professional growth. I’m staring down the barrel of a district-wide institute day … Continue reading