GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers!
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Let's Have Some Fun
- Lessons Learned from Donalyn Miller’s READING IN THE WILD
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Review: DRAMA by Raina Telgemeier
- 3 of 5 stars to A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to ... by Charles Osgood goodreads.com/review/show/11… 5 hours ago
- Some school ratings change after CPS quietly changes some test growth scores bit.ly/1x0KYgC 9 hours ago
- @alybee930 "The very best day of my life, I threw up four times and had a fever of 103 degrees." -- @JoKnowles See You at Harry's 1 day ago
- Hurray for the Performing Arts Teachers! wp.me/p1jDNg-zU 1 day ago
- “@palatinelibrary Day 18/ #bestof2014 : The Strange Library / Haruki Murakami. Instagram.com/p/wwxld9ykvQ/ http://t.co/ZbiDfBWu3L” <-- Loved this 1 day ago
- RT @EMCPublishing: What's the best book you've read recently? We need something good to read over the holidays #edchat #tlchat http://t.co/… 2 days ago
- @EMCPublishing Try Ordinary Grace by Wm K Krueger. Happy Holidays. 2 days ago
- RT @kellner_steven: Yes! QT "@budtheteacher: Anytime you focus on "what device" before "what's the task," you're doing it wrong. #EWedchat… 2 days ago
- RT @AdamBieda: could school be the government's way of distracting angsty teenagers from realizing the world's problems 3 days ago
- RT @steveshann: Just finished work on my website: steveshann.com Details of my new book there. Please retweet. #story #storytelling… 3 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: penny kittle
Always on the lookout for ways to help high schools run more smoothly and effectively, I keep noticing that many good ideas for improving high school programs and policies look a lot like the way elementary schools operate. I wonder … Continue reading
Back in December, I posted a list of books students in my classes were reading. Now, four months later, my students are still reading, and I’ve added two new classes of readers to the mix. Today I made a list … Continue reading
After thirty-plus years in the classroom, I can stand up and teach the heck out of about twenty different novels and plays, complete with class activities, quizzes, writing assignments, and fascinating lecture-ettes. I can do all of this with curricular … Continue reading
I learned a lot and had a great time at the 2012 National Council of Teachers of English annual conference in Las Vegas. I’m both energized and exhausted. So, this blog post will be mostly pictures, with more to be … Continue reading