GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Review: SEE YOU AT HARRY'S by Jo Knowles
- But What If We Try?
- One Day of Books Around the Room
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- Review: THRIVE: 5 WAYS TO (RE)INVIGORATE YOUR TEACHING by Meenoo Rami
- Hey, Kids! Your Twitter Is Showing!
- Common Core was a step forward for some disastrous schools, but it was a big step backward for other schools. One size never fits all. 3 hours ago
- @JoyKirr I'm just now seeing your invitation but if it's not too late I'd still like to add to your #edcampil digital citizenship doc. Link? 20 hours ago
- @mardieteach @donalynbooks @RAMS_English Write Beside Them by @pennykittle has great advice on feedback and conferring too. 23 hours ago
- @mardieteach @donalynbooks @RAMS_English The feedback section in Workshops Work by @wonderfarm is very good. patriciazaballos.com/workshops-work/ 23 hours ago
- @mardieteach @donalynbooks @RAMS_English Re-Thinking Rubrics by Maja Wilson is useful. Is an article OK or does it need to be a book? 23 hours ago
- RT @dailyherald: Elgin High teacher lauded for reviving theater program bit.ly/1rpn7CV 1 day ago
- RT @Jepson: Any science peeps out there? I have a st who wants to learn how to splice two fruits together for #geniushour Would love to fin… 1 day ago
- RT @DianeRavitch: Dear Common Core English Standards: Can we talk? wp.me/p4uvx8-t5 via @Prof_Katz 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to I Shouldn't Even Be Doing This! by Bob Newhart goodreads.com/review/show/10… 1 day ago
- RT @STEMLdr: Classroom teacher and students from @District214 comment on transforming instruction with the iPad: youtu.be/RlKDPykUu3A via… 2 days ago
- 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois john green jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle poetry professional development readicide reading reading ladders respect retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: revision
In one of my first class sessions with a group of college writers, I gave a survey asking what issues they wanted us to definitely cover this semester. The most common concern was how to add length to their pieces … Continue reading
It took me a long time before I could say, “I am a writer.” I now proudly claim that Writer mantle because I spend a fair amount of time stringing together words, trying to say something worthwhile as engagingly as … Continue reading
Workshops Work! by Patricia Zaballos is an important new contribution to the literature of writing instruction. This book (and e-book) provides guidance for those offering writing workshop experiences for young writers in non-school settings such as tutors, home schoolers, or … Continue reading
“Can I re-take your test?” This is a question teachers at our school are currently considering. Should we allow students to re-take tests and quizzes so that they can demonstrate more learning and receive higher grades? I understand the plusses … Continue reading
If you want to see college-bound upper-grade students take a writing assignment seriously, help them with their college application essays! Writing college essays as a class assignment provides an authentic audience, extreme personal relevance, and an opportunity for introspection—in other … Continue reading