GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Five Years in Madrid, Iowa
- Review: A REPAIR KIT FOR GRADING by Ken O'Connor
- But What If We Try?
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- Mark Twain Is Right, Again!
- Review: TWERP by Mark Goldblatt
- Review: SEE YOU AT HARRY'S by Jo Knowles
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- Marie Lu and LEGEND Come to Town
- Review: THE VICTORY SEASON: THE END OF WORLD WAR II AND THE BIRTH OF BASEBALL’S GOLDEN AGE by Robert Weintraub
- Review: LIVING WITH JACKIE CHAN by Jo Knowles
- Review: BOB DYLAN IN AMERICA by Sean Wilentz
- “Does This Need a Title?”: Helping Students Generate Titles
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- 4 of 5 stars to If You Want to See a Whale by Julie Fogliano bit.ly/13UU2zc 3 hours ago
- @mentortexts If every high school teacher read BOOK LOVE by @pennykittle many good things would happen. 4 hours ago
- @Naturlredhead Is it possible that the person you're sending a message to doesn't follow you? If so, that will create an error message. 4 hours ago
- @MrBillySpicer @dorieclark I completely agree. Wish we were closer to that PD model and content. 7 hours ago
- @MrBillySpicer @dorieclark Yes, but how do you communicate the importance of social media to decision-makers who don't use it? 8 hours ago
- RT @geraldaungst: "The saddest thing about winning the Newbery is that kids have to take tests on my book." @LindaSuePark visiting Elkins P… 9 hours ago
- Glen Ellyn teen gets her wish: apology from Abercrombie dailyherald.com/article/201305… 9 hours ago
- This guy needs to be fired and prosecuted. "School Employee Pushes Student Down Stairs" nbcchicago.com/news/local/Chi… 14 hours ago
- I have smart students --> "Suspension of Disbelief" on The Fremd High School English Ning ning.it/127hbnD 14 hours ago
- @salute24 I have some 8-track tapes but haven't had an 8-track player for years. My first iPod is still hanging on. 1 day ago
Tags2011 2012 america american studies apathy art blogs books chicago choice collaboration data donalyn miller education family friends fun goodreads grades graphic novel illinois jo knowles learning literature mark twain music ncte nonfiction parents poetry professional development reading reading ladders review reviews schools students teachers technology twitter writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: shawn mccusker
On Friday I received a school-issued iPad, and this opens all kinds of exciting new territory. Our district is rolling out iPads for student use in a big way. We are the largest high school district in Illinois, so this … Continue reading
Next week I’m heading up to Oshkosh, Wisconsin for edCamp Oshkosh. What is edCamp? Sometimes called an “unconference,” edCamp is a grassroots professional development movement for educators. There are no pre-set topics. Attendees decide what they want to explore and … Continue reading