GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- 6-Word Memoirs with Wordle
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Our Book Graffiti Wall
- "What's Not Wrong?"
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- My Ten Favorite Interview Questions for Hiring English Teachers
- Review: INSTRUCTIONS by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- 5 of 5 stars to The Youngest Marcher by Cynthia Levinson goodreads.com/review/show/19… 17 hours ago
- Frontier imagery in contemporary products, presented by @HerseyHuskies American Studies #casechicago #sschat https://t.co/AxVvxT2a9n 19 hours ago
- Great resource: "The Inaugural Poem Project" from Seth MacLowry sites.google.com/view/inaugural… #casechicago 23 hours ago
- "Teachers are the last line of defense in saving the heart of this nation." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- "Change is inevitable; growth is not." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- "A good question is more important than an answer because it has roots. It grows." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- Today's class journal topic: Who do you believe (or not believe)? 1 day ago
- Learning from @HerseyHuskies America Studies teachers about using "forum" programming to present big ideas across disciplines. #casechicago 1 day ago
- "Don't mistake dissent with disloyalty. / It's the American in me." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago https://t.co/ZbeJCYv0iD 1 day ago
- @davidtedu Is there something like that in The Big Chill? 2 days ago
- 2011 2012 2016 act america american studies apathy art audrey vernick baseball beatles blog blogs books chicago choice collaboration colleagues country music cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family fun goals goodreads grades graphic novel graphic novels high school illinois jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir music ncte nonfiction parents penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders reflection retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards students teachers teaching technology tony romano twitter what's not wrong writers week writing ya young adult zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: america
David Hepworth’s Never A Dull Moment: 1971 claims that 1971 was the most important year in rock history. While many fans are sentimental about specific years or time spans, Hepworth makes the case that no other year has produced so much … Continue reading
Bob Dylan in America is historian Sean Wilentz’s study of how various currents and touchstones of American culture directly and indirectly affected the music of Bob Dylan. Not at all a biography, Wilentz’s book examines critical points in Dylan’s career … Continue reading
Review: PENCILS DOWN: RETHINKING HIGH-STAKES TESTING AND ACCOUNTABILITY IN PUBLIC SCHOOLS, Edited by Wayne Au and Melissa Bowman Tempel
The American education public school system is currently down the rabbit-hole when it comes to testing. What if all the money currently being diverted to corporate testing companies and corporate assessment gurus was instead being spent on providing materials that … Continue reading
Feel Bad Education by Alfie Kohn My rating: 4 of 5 stars Alfie Kohn has made sense to me for more than a decade, ever since a colleague recommended Kohn’s book Punished by Rewards and enthusiastically implemented a no-grade policy … Continue reading