GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- 6-Word Memoirs with Wordle
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- "The New/Newer/Newest Colossus"
- Our Book Graffiti Wall
- "What's Not Wrong?"
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- My Ten Favorite Interview Questions for Hiring English Teachers
- Review: INSTRUCTIONS by Neil Gaiman and Charles Vess
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- 5 of 5 stars to The Youngest Marcher by Cynthia Levinson goodreads.com/review/show/19… 17 hours ago
- Frontier imagery in contemporary products, presented by @HerseyHuskies American Studies #casechicago #sschat https://t.co/AxVvxT2a9n 19 hours ago
- Great resource: "The Inaugural Poem Project" from Seth MacLowry sites.google.com/view/inaugural… #casechicago 23 hours ago
- "Teachers are the last line of defense in saving the heart of this nation." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- "Change is inevitable; growth is not." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- "A good question is more important than an answer because it has roots. It grows." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago 1 day ago
- Today's class journal topic: Who do you believe (or not believe)? 1 day ago
- Learning from @HerseyHuskies America Studies teachers about using "forum" programming to present big ideas across disciplines. #casechicago 1 day ago
- "Don't mistake dissent with disloyalty. / It's the American in me." -- @michaelmcdermot #casechicago https://t.co/ZbeJCYv0iD 1 day ago
- @davidtedu Is there something like that in The Big Chill? 2 days ago
- 2011 2012 2016 act america american studies apathy art audrey vernick baseball beatles blog blogs books chicago choice collaboration colleagues country music cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family fun goals goodreads grades graphic novel graphic novels high school illinois jo knowles kelly gallagher learning literacy literature mark twain memoir music ncte nonfiction parents penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white readicide reading reading ladders reflection retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores standards students teachers teaching technology tony romano twitter what's not wrong writers week writing ya young adult zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: beatles
Here are some of my recent book reviews. All of these originally appeared in other places, in some cases in slightly different form. I hope at least one of the books in this post appeals to you! Jerry Lee Lewis: … Continue reading
When I was a kid in Iowa, holidays meant going to the grandparents, and the Fourth of July was no exception. My dad’s family gathered at my grandparents’ farm where everybody brought a pot luck contribution to the dinner. Grandma … Continue reading
Arne Bellstorf’s graphic “novel” Baby’s in Black is the true story of Astrid who becomes involved with Stuart, a guy who plays in a band. He likes the band scene but really wants to be a painter. Astrid becomes friends … Continue reading
Alison Behnke’s Death of a Dreamer: The Assassination of John Lennon presents the circumstances surrounding Mark David Chapman’s 1980 murder of John Lennon in a format that is both appealing and appropriate for middle and high school readers. The first … Continue reading