GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Getting SCHOOLED with Anne Lutz Fernandez and Catherine Lutz
- A Dozen Cool Ways to Use Periscope in Your Class
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- “If I Had a Lexile”
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- What If Students Write for Themselves?
- What Does “College Ready” Really Mean?
- 2014 in review
- 5 of 5 stars to Schooled by Anne Lutz Fernandez goodreads.com/review/show/13… 17 hours ago
- Getting SCHOOLED with Anne Lutz Fernandez and Catherine Lutz whatsnotwrong.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/get… http://t.co/G2PGFbghhw 17 hours ago
- Band, yes, but also true of arts classes in general. "High School Band Classes May Boost Teen Brains" t.usnews.com/Zbnkzi?src=usn… 1 day ago
- RT @SavannaFlakes: Let's UDLize our classrooms- fb.me/6zdl0fr5F 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Paper Towns by John Green goodreads.com/review/show/13… 1 day ago
- And good job to @WritersWeekFHS for bringing A. S. King to town this year! twitter.com/kelleemoye/sta… 1 day ago
- RT @JoyKirr: Encourage, lift, & strengthen one another... happyappdaily.com/?p=1743 We are all connected. Let's spread positivity! http://t.c… 2 days ago
- RT @JoyKirr: A list of picture bks I'd like to read in 7th gr next yr: docs.google.com/document/d/1a4… Thanks to @heisereads @pernilleripp & @Ander… 2 days ago
- Best Practices for Web Writing ucwbling.chicagolandwritingcenters.org/best-practices… 2 days ago
- Nice archive to use for authentic "college-ready" writing: twitter.com/writingcentrrs… 2 days ago
- 1970s 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goals goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jane kise john green jo knowles learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores stephen king students summer reading teachers teaching technology tony romano twitter veronica roth what's not wrong writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: education
Here are six quick reviews of books I’ve read over the past few weeks. Some were cross-posted in other places, but I want to have them all in one spot. Maybe one of these titles will appeal to you. Outlaw: … Continue reading
Feel Bad Education by Alfie Kohn My rating: 4 of 5 stars Alfie Kohn has made sense to me for more than a decade, ever since a colleague recommended Kohn’s book Punished by Rewards and enthusiastically implemented a no-grade policy … Continue reading
Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink My rating: 5 of 5 stars I usually start twitching when business management models are applied to schools, but Daniel Pink’s observations about motivation are highly transferable to … Continue reading
Maybe no one will mind if Mark Twain leads off this blog post: “Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. Simply suppose you were a member of Congress. And … Continue reading
My first year of teaching was twenty-nine years ago, so when one of our newly hired colleagues emailed last spring requesting advice and ideas for starting the school year, I appreciated the opportunity to provide her with a few thoughts … Continue reading