GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Some Fourths of July
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- A Dozen Cool Ways to Use Periscope in Your Class
- How Do We Teach Style in Research Writing?
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- Review: DRAMA by Raina Telgemeier
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- Does Choice Reading Create Ladders?
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- Writers Week Memory: Billy Collins, 2001
- My earlier reflection on this holiday still sounds about right. wp.me/p1jDNg-rz 21 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf goodreads.com/review/show/13… 2 days ago
- RT @ReadingTeen: What's the best YA audiobook you've ever listened to? (Excluding Harry Potter) 2 days ago
- @ReadingTeen @geceosan Excellent YA audiobooks: Speak, Orphan Train, Brown Girl Dreaming, Scorpio Races, The Fault in Our Stars. Enjoy. 2 days ago
- How Do We Teach Style in Research Writing? whatsnotwrong.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/how… http://t.co/vy468gyIV3 2 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer goodreads.com/review/show?id… 3 days ago
- .@AJBabc Thank you, sir. Although a specific job of mine ended last year, my work is nowhere close to being finished. Enjoy #ISTE02015 3 days ago
- RT @RAndersonFHS: Planning to have your Ss journal this summer or next year? Check out @AndersonGL's list of topics: https://t.co/XYjzmZoGy… 3 days ago
- RT @yaloveblog: Combining Reading, Discussion, and Technology as Summer Homework #engchat #nerdybookclub yaloveblog.com/2015/07/01/com… http://t.co… 3 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer goodreads.com/review/show/13… 4 days ago
- 1970s 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goals goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jane kise john green jo knowles learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores stephen king students summer reading teachers teaching technology tony romano twitter veronica roth what's not wrong writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: john green
Back in December, I posted a list of books students in my classes were reading. Now, four months later, my students are still reading, and I’ve added two new classes of readers to the mix. Today I made a list … Continue reading
Sorta Like a Rock Star by Matthew Quick My rating: 5 of 5 stars Amber Appleton’s life could be considered miserable. She is homeless and living in a bus. Abandoned by her father, Amber loves her mother, but her mother … Continue reading
I read more books this year than ever before: 142. Thanks to my family, friends, students, and online and on-site colleagues for giving me so many ideas about what to read this year. Of course, my list would be shorter and … Continue reading