GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- Some Fourths of July
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- A Dozen Cool Ways to Use Periscope in Your Class
- How Do We Teach Style in Research Writing?
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- What Do You Do in Your "Free" Periods?
- Does Choice Reading Create Ladders?
- “If I Had a Lexile”
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- Review: NINETEEN MINUTES by Jodi Picoult
- My earlier reflection on this holiday still sounds about right. wp.me/p1jDNg-rz 4 hours ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Our Souls at Night by Kent Haruf goodreads.com/review/show/13… 1 day ago
- RT @ReadingTeen: What's the best YA audiobook you've ever listened to? (Excluding Harry Potter) 1 day ago
- @ReadingTeen @geceosan Excellent YA audiobooks: Speak, Orphan Train, Brown Girl Dreaming, Scorpio Races, The Fault in Our Stars. Enjoy. 1 day ago
- How Do We Teach Style in Research Writing? whatsnotwrong.wordpress.com/2015/07/02/how… http://t.co/vy468gyIV3 1 day ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer goodreads.com/review/show?id… 2 days ago
- .@AJBabc Thank you, sir. Although a specific job of mine ended last year, my work is nowhere close to being finished. Enjoy #ISTE02015 2 days ago
- RT @RAndersonFHS: Planning to have your Ss journal this summer or next year? Check out @AndersonGL's list of topics: https://t.co/XYjzmZoGy… 2 days ago
- RT @yaloveblog: Combining Reading, Discussion, and Technology as Summer Homework #engchat #nerdybookclub yaloveblog.com/2015/07/01/com… http://t.co… 2 days ago
- 4 of 5 stars to Eating Animals by Jonathan Safran Foer goodreads.com/review/show/13… 3 days ago
- 1970s 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books chicago choice collaboration colleagues cubs data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goals goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jane kise john green jo knowles learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores stephen king students summer reading teachers teaching technology tony romano twitter veronica roth what's not wrong writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: readicide
I’m 55 years old, and I like picture books. When I check out a stack of picture books from our terrific local library, my favorite circulation clerk shakes her head and says, “Gary. We really need to do something about … Continue reading
After thirty-plus years in the classroom, I can stand up and teach the heck out of about twenty different novels and plays, complete with class activities, quizzes, writing assignments, and fascinating lecture-ettes. I can do all of this with curricular … Continue reading