GARY ANDERSONThanks for visiting my blog. I appreciate your time reading and commenting here.
Top Posts & Pages
- When Students Cheat (And When They Don't)
- The Good Start: Twelve Targets for New Teachers
- It’s Picture Book Monday (in High School)
- What Students Read When They Can Read Anything
- Guest Blogger: Grace Anderson on "I Have a Dream"
- Review: SHAKESPEARE'S JULIUS CAESAR: THE MANGA EDITION by Adam Sexton and Hyeondo Park
- An Absence Finished: Claudia Emerson’s LATE WIFE: POEMS
- Review: I GOT A NAME: THE JIM CROCE STORY by Ingrid Croce and Jimmy Rock
- What Does “College Ready” Really Mean?
- Today’s PLC Meeting: What Have We Learned?
- 4 of 5 stars to So You've Been Publicly Shamed by Jon Ronson goodreads.com/review/show/12… 17 hours ago
- Hey @93XRT! @Houndmouth sounds like summer! Keep playing 'em! 2 days ago
- Learning with Second-Language English Writers wp.me/p1jDNg-Bg 2 days ago
- Today's class journal topic: Tell about what you see in the mirror. #HCE100 2 days ago
- And then check your spelling before sending your writing out into the world. #2misspellingsinthis twitter.com/eliteprepsat/s… 2 days ago
- RT @MitchNobis: Tests are worthless w/o time on real skills. ala.org/research/libra… You don't fatten the hog by weighing it. https://t.co/N… 2 days ago
- RT @jmaclaurin: We are #studentsforchange @AHSD25South! Ss want to bring #awareness to #puppymills ow.ly/LyjNq #ahsd25 #lendyref… 2 days ago
- I like a lot of things about Elgin High School's Writers Week, including that one-of-a-kind podium! #EHSWW15 Photo credit: @DianaZ1 2 days ago
- Today's class journal topic: Begin with this: No thank you. (from Natalie Goldberg) #HCE100 3 days ago
- RT @SeanSublette: To Kill A Mockingbird. #literatureataballgame http://t.co/1ZwQG4fdFa 3 days ago
- 1970s 2011 2012 america american studies apathy art baseball beatles blog blogs books challenge chicago choice collaboration colleagues data donalyn miller education english facebook family friends fun goodreads grades grading graphic novel high school illinois jane kise john green jo knowles learning literacy literature mark twain memoir motivation music ncte ning nonfiction parents paul hankins penny kittle picture books poetry professional development randy wayne white reading reading ladders retirement review reviews revision schools shakespeare sophomores stephen king students teachers teaching technology teri lesesne tony romano twitter veronica roth what's not wrong writers week writing ya zapping zapping apathy
Tag Archives: shakespeare
Here are some of my recent book reviews. All of these originally appeared in other places, in some cases in slightly different form. I hope at least one of the books in this post appeals to you! Jerry Lee Lewis: … Continue reading
Author Adam Sexton says in the introduction to this largely successful rendering of Shakespeare’s Julius Caesar, “Unbound by the physical realities of the theater, the graphic novel can depict any situation, no matter how fantastical or violent, that it creators … Continue reading
Thanks to everyone who attended our presentations at NCTE this weekend. If you’re looking for the handouts, scroll down any time! Tony Romano and I were happy to see our friends Jodi Douglas Moeller and Douglas Jameson from Hazelwood West … Continue reading